Monday, July 26, 2010

The Voice

So I have learned tons and tons of lessons about being a mom in this past little while. And one of the lessons I call: The Voice. This is when you have to speak really really gently like you're talking to a little kid whose feelings are really hurt and you have to be totally into the person you're talking to, trying to just be really gentle with them. I totally learned this from H and I use it with Sanaa. And it's important to remember not to overuse it or else it won't be as effective. But it works so darn well when used correctly. Any PHP'ers know what I'm talking about?

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya! i totally get The Voice....also, Dianatron, you are so smart and such a great nanny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, The Voice. Not the one in your head, I assume. Or the stern one the says stuff like, 'You left the toilet seat up. Again.'

    Sometimes the soft voice is really overrated.

    :>)

    ReplyDelete